Innovations High School Enrollment Criteria
2012-2013 School Year
In order to enroll at Innovations High School, students must attend the mandatory registration & orientation sessions. Students will be required to write an entrance essay, take the STAR assessment, and view the orientation video. Students who are tardy or absent for scheduled registration or orientation sessions will not be admitted into the school. Parents are also required to attend a parent orientation session.
All students enrolling at Innovations must meet the following criteria:
- Must score 8.0 or higher on the READING portion of the STAR assessment
- Must score 7.0 or higher on the MATH portion of the STAR assessment
- Must have enough credits to graduate before the age of 21 (minimum 6 credits).
- Students must possess a desire to buy into our school’s mission and vision.
Students must submit the following:
- Discipline records.
- Individual Education Plan (if applicable).
- Letter of recommendation from an employer or school representative.
- All other documents listed on the Student Admission Checklist.
THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST TWO DAYS PRIOR TO THE STUDENT’S SCHEDULED REGISTRATION SESSION.
Students who don’t meet the above criteria will still be able to apply, but must participate in our interview process.
Once IHS reaches student capacity, all remaining applicants that meet the enrollment criteria shall be placed on the IHS lottery list. All waiting/lottery list and applicant referrals are forwarded to the Youth Connection Charter School’s office on the 20th day of each month via lottery referral transmittal form. IHS conducts lotteries as needed to fill available seats when students withdraw or graduate. All lotteries are witnessed by an independent third party.
Last update: September 20, 2012
© 2009 Innovations High School. All Rights Reserved.